The Carers Time Out Card
The Carers Time Out Card gives Carers access to a leisure centre to have a break from caring and to care for their own well-being.
Access to leisure centres
The Carers Time Out card provides you with a free Leisure membership card or QR code for your phone which is scanned on arrival. The Carers Time Out scheme gives Carers issued with the letter admission free of charge to pools, courts, gyms and fitness classes.
Proof of ongoing eligibility for a Carers Time Out Cards will be requested annually. A new letter will be required each year by leisure services to confirm you are still a Carer.
The card is valid at the following centres:
- Braywick Leisure Centre, Braywick Road, Maidenhead SL6 1BN
- Windsor Leisure, Clewer Mead, Stovell Road, Windsor SL4 5JB
- Charters Leisure Centre, Charters Road, Sunningdale SL5 9QY
- Cox Green Leisure Centre, Highfield Road, Maidenhead SL6 3AX
- Furze Platt Leisure Centre, Furze Platt Road, Maidenhead SL6 7
The Care Act 2014 states Carers are entitled to support in their own right. To be eligible for support there are 3 conditions that need to be met:
- Carers must be providing ‘necessary care’
- Their physical or mental health is starting to deteriorate or is at risk of deteriorating due to their caring role or they are unable to achieve one of the outcomes specified
- As a result of the above there is a significant impact on the carers wellbeing.
There are 2 eligibility outcomes where the Timeout card can be utilised to achieve these and improve Carers wellbeing.
- Making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community, including recreational facilities or services
- Engaging in recreational activities
How to apply
Please contact adult social services on email@example.com or 01628683744 to request a Carers assessment to determine eligibility for the Timeout card.