Compliments and Complaints

Whether we are doing something well or if you have comments or suggestions about the way we do things we value your feedback.

Feedback Form

Optalis strives to provide the best possible service. Your feedback will help us to make sure we get things right for you.

At Optalis we understand that creating a listening culture is of benefit to everyone. Listening and acting on the feedback we receive results in more relevant, responsive, effective services and leads to better outcomes for the people we support.

If you have a compliment, a complaint, or a comment about something we could do differently, we want to hear from you. Please speak to a member of staff or the manager of the service. Alternatively,

If you have feedback about the delivery of care and support you receive from Optalis, please:

If you live in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, and have feedback about your statutory services (this is often the arrangements of your care and support) please contact:

Help to make a complaint

If you want someone else, for example, a relative or friend, to complain on your behalf, we will work with them to resolve your complaint. However, we will need to check that this person can act as your representative.

If you need support to make your complaint we can advise about Advocacy services.

How we respond to your feedback

When you give us feedback we aim to act on the information you give us there and then. If you have supplied a compliment we will share it with our teams

If we cannot give you an immediate response

Compliments and complaints

We will acknowledge your feedback, in writing, within three working days.

Compliments and complaints2

We will nominate a manager responsible for investigating the matter further.

Compliments and complaints3

We will inform you of the investigation timescales (typically within 20 working days).

Compliments and complaints4

We will provide you with a clear report detailing what we found and what action we will take.

Compliments and complaints5

We will follow up with you to check that it was resolved to your satisfaction.

What if I’m not happy with the process?

If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can take your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is independent and the service is free and confidential.

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV40EH,

What if the service is regulated?

If your feedback is about a regulated service (e.g. a residential care home or reablement service) you can also contact the Care Quality Commission. They will not look into specific complaints, but they are happy to receive feedback about services at any time. 

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) check services like GPs, hospitals and care homes to make sure they are giving good health and social care to people. People’s experiences of care help CQC to decide when, where and what to inspect.  

The Care Quality Commission invites feedback from people who use health and social care services. If you want to tell them about the care and support you receive from Optalis, you can contact them:

Care Quality Commission
National Correspondence
Tel: 03000 616161