How We Can Help Employers
We support employers to adopt a best practice approach that meets the needs of your employees and operate effectively within the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Since the Supported Employment Service’s (SES) establishment 20 years ago, we have built up a team of staff who have a wide range of experience in supporting clients with disabilities, long term health conditions and substance issues into and during employment. We are also able to provide support to carers.
Our staff are kept up-to-date with specialist training as well as providing disability and mental health awareness training to employers. SES is a member of BASE (the British Association for Supported Employment) working within the Supported Employment Model. To read more about the supported employment model please click here.
Our team are also trained in the principles of Individual Placement and Support (IPS).
IPS has been shown to be more effective the more closely it follows these eight principles:
- It aims to get people into competitive employment
- It is open to all those who want to work
- It tries to find jobs consistent with people's preferences
- It works quickly
- It brings employment specialists into clinical teams
- Employment specialists develop relationships with employers based upon a person's work preferences