Enjoy a cup of coffee or satisfy your appetite with a tasty snack and delicious piece of cake, all created by our members from our Ability Catering Training Programme.
Conveniently located next to our specialist recycled clothing store, enjoy a relaxing shopping and dining experience.
The Ability Catering Training Programme supports people with a range of disabilities to learn and develop workplace skills for employment.
Our programme enables team members to develop their confidence and employability skills and transfer these into various settings.
While working alongside our employment coaches, our team members develop skills in the following areas:
- Food hygiene
- Health and Safety
- Hospitality Skills
- Food Service
- Food Preparation
- Front of House - serving skills
- Budgeting and sales
And most importantly, an employment reference!
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for the content on external websites and the inclusion of a link on the Optalis website is not an endorsement of that website, its content, or any product or service it may provide. You do not have to use the external resources we link to.
- CLASP - self-advocacy group for people with learning disabilities in the Wokingham Borough
- Send Voices Wokingham - SEND Voices Wokingham is a Wokingham based, parent led charity. They are the independent voice of families, representing their experiences with the aim to improve lives.
- SENDIASS Wokingham - free, confidential, impartial advice, guidance and support for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Autism Berkshire - Autism charity in Berkshire, delivering specialist services, training and social and leisure activities throughout the county, guided by a team of trustees with personal and professional experience of autism.