What we offer our team members
Our Ability Cleaning programme supports people with a range of disabilities to learn and develop workplace skills. The team provide commercial cleaning services across Wokingham, Windsor, and Maidenhead.
There are 12 team members in the program at any one time, working at four different locations. All of our team members are paid a wage while training with us. They work alongside and are supported by our employment coaches. Each team member has an allocated employment coach who works with them outside of our programme to look for further employment opportunities in line with their goals and aspirations.
While working on the programme with us, our team members build:
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Team working skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Cultural awareness
- Stock Control skills
- IT skills
- Customer service skills
And most importantly, an employment reference!
What we offer our businesses
Commercial cleaning services across Wokingham, Windsor, and Maidenhead
Our friendly and efficient, commercial cleaning service, provides paid work for people with a range of disabilities, supporting individuals to develop skills for employment.
What we offer:
- Daily, Weekly or custom cleaning schedules
- Dusting and desk cleaning
- Vacuuming and carpet cleaning
- Clean or polish wood and vinyl flooring
- Restroom cleaning
- Valet service for vehicles
By working in partnership with us, you will be supporting the local community, gain access to an untapped workforce and build a diverse workforce.
Historically there has been a significant gap between the proportion of disabled people employed compared with non-disabled people.
Employers who recruit disabled people, are more likely to deliver against their corporate social responsibility in the wider community.
There is no doubt that disability inclusion is a way to take your business to the next level. Helping your organisation demonstrate a
commitment to innovation and inclusivity.
Sean shared his experience of using Ability Cleaning as a springboard to take the first steps in building a career - find out more about his experience here
Ben discusses the support he received from Optalis Supported Employment service and using the Ability Cleaning project to find paid employment.
Patrick talks about support to get back into work
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. We are not responsible for the content on external websites and the inclusion of a link on the Optalis website is not an endorsement of that website, its content, or any product or service it may provide. You do not have to use the external resources we link to.
- CLASP - self-advocacy group for people with learning disabilities in the Wokingham Borough
- Send Voices Wokingham - SEND Voices Wokingham is a Wokingham based, parent led charity. They are the independent voice of families, representing their experiences with the aim to improve lives.
- SENDIASS Wokingham - free, confidential, impartial advice, guidance and support for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Autism Berkshire - Autism charity in Berkshire, delivering specialist services, training and social and leisure activities throughout the county, guided by a team of trustees with personal and professional experience of autism.