Leisure & Learning
We can provide all sorts of facilities and equipment for you to try different things, as well as plenty of places to chill out and relax!
Optalis runs services for older people, as well as activities for people with a learning disability, including a horticultural project at a farm in Stratfield Turgis. We also have a day service for adults with physical disabilities and long term health conditions called Westmead.
You might enjoy:
- Arts and crafts, from paintings to pottery and models
- Learning computer skills
- Sports, like playing badminton at Woodford Park and darts at a nearby pub
- Swimming and keep-fit classes at Loddon sports centre
- Drama, dance and music sessions
- Trips to the Maiden Erlegh Park nature reserve
You can learn practical life skills. Our staff can help you get onto further education courses and work schemes, prepare you for job interviews and boost your confidence with support to communicate better, speak up for yourself and take part in discussions.