Our staff are our most important asset. A well-supported and happy workforce is an effective workforce.
We regularly ask staff to give us their feedback. The yearly staff satisfaction survey is an opportunity to tell us what they think so we can continue to improve. We also run a regular Staff Consultative Forum where staff voice their opinions, make suggestions about improving practice, and receive information about what matters to them.
We have a variety of benefits which we hope will help staff feel valued and part of the Optalis family.
- Our benefits programme called Perkbox offers loads of discounts/freebies for days out, cinema tickets, health and fitness activities and a whole range of other awesome perks throughout the year
- An annual STAR awards scheme, which recognises staff who have gone the extra mile, look our latest Star Awards Finalists 2019 programme here
- A £25 voucher is awarded by managers to staff who have worked above and beyond
- Staff are eligible to sign up to a Scottish Widows pension scheme
- We're a Mindful Employer which means we are serious about increasing awareness of mental health in the workplace and providing support for our staff
- Discounted gym membership
Find out more about working with us in our 2 minute video below...
Nominate one of our colleagues or a team to recognise when they've gone the extra mile in their job.
The STAR Awards are about awarding the best of the best so make sure you use the nomination form to demonstrate the positive impact the nominee(s) have made.
Customer's Choice Award. Nominations for this award are invited directly from the people we support and their families.
Colleagues can nominate an individual or team for demonstrating an Optalis Core Value:
- Customer Service: This award is for a colleague or team who have gone beyond customer expectations and delivered a fantastic service, often in challenging circumstances.
- Respect: This award is for a colleague or team who has shown compassion and the ability to understand a person’s needs beyond words, maintain their dignity at all times and treat them with the greatest sensitivity.
- Continuous Development: This award is for a colleague or team who work ceaselessly with drive, determination and enthusiasm to develop their skills.
- Transparency and Integrity: This award is for a colleague or team who show fantastic dedication and empathy, inspiring confidence with their support and promotion of a transparent culture at Optalis.
- Communication: This award is for a colleague or team who consistently ensure two-way communication with our colleagues and staff, and show the ability to work in challenging situations, exhibiting empathy, respect and sense of humour.
- Enjoyable and Rewarding: This award is for a colleague or team who have created an environment where customers and staff are thriving, thanks to their commitment to make a positive difference.
- Individual Recognition: Unsung Hero: This award recognises individuals who have positively influenced the work of Optalis from behind the scenes.
- Team Recognition: Outstanding Team: This award is a special recognition award chosen by Optalis Board members. It is awarded to a team or service which has surpassed expectations and achieved an exceptional level of service by working together.
Nominations can be made at any time throughout the year. Nominations will be initially reviewed by a member of the STAR Awards Project Team. The nominator may be contacted to provide more information or clarification, ahead of short-listing.
Entries close on the 31st March. (Nominations received after this date, will be considered for the subsequent year's STAR Awards)
Short-listing and category judging will take place during April
Short-listed entrants will be notified in April/May
The winners will be announced at our STAR Awards Celebration in June