Welcome to Optalis – the provider of choice for adult social care services.
Optalis is a Local Authority Trading Company (LATC), launched in June 2011. We are wholly-owned by Wokingham Borough Council and the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and provide their adult social care services. We also support other local authorities including Oxfordshire, private customers and Direct Payment holders. We work collaboratively with local authority commissioners to find solutions to current and future commissioning requirements and being an LATC means we are able to offer an alternative approach.
As a successful LATC and specialist provider, Optalis has a proven track record in delivering excellence across a wide spectrum of services. This is achieved through an approach which blends:
- Innovation; doing things differently and doing new things, in response to customer feedback and commissioner requirements
- Commercial discipline; ensuring we deliver and can evidence efficiency, effectiveness and value for money
- A strong value base and public sector ethos; quality and customer focus at the centre of everything we do
- Partnership; working with our commissioning colleagues on the basis of partnership and co-production focused on finding solutions that really work
- Being a good employer; making sure our staff are clear about the standards we expect and supporting them to be the best that they can be
Our management team represents this blended approach, with expertise drawn from voluntary, public and commercial sectors, from both social care and non-social care environments. This means that our unique and proven contribution has already included:
- Turning around failing services and maintaining a constant focus on service improvement; as the ‘Provider of Last Resort’ we have turned around failing services, effectively solving an urgent commissioning imperative and supporting the duty of the local authority to intervene in the local market. External assurance evidences our proven ability to bring about service improvement in difficult circumstances.
- Cost effectiveness; achieving on average 15% savings across services against our ‘go live’ baseline.
- Expert consultancy; on behalf of the local authority providing operational and financial due diligence assessment of other commissioned providers with a view to supporting the provider and the local authority to consider options for sustainability.
- Customer responsiveness; developing flexible services to private pay and direct payment customers which respond to what customers want and how and when they want it.
- Community contribution; utilising our talent and expertise to provide free support to local communities as part of our social responsibility.
For more information, or if you would like to speak to us about what we can do for you, please contact Optalis Chief Executive Officer Martin Farrow on (0118) 974 6294 or email: email@example.com